There are a range of different sports and leisure facilities around Kirkby, some freely open to the public, others that need to be booked and/or paid for
Additional sports facilities are available for hire through Active Knowsley at the town’s two secondary schools:
- All Saints Catholic High School: indoor 5-a-side, netball and basketball courts.
- Kirkby High School: athletics track, all-weather 5-a-side floodlit football pitch and indoor 5-a-side, netball and basketball courts.
There are also additional all-weather pitches and courts located around the town:
- all-weather pitches at the Towerhill Community Centre off Ebony Way (these appear to currently be in disuse);
- multi-sports courts at Westvale Community Centre on Richard Hesketh Drive;
- multi-sports courts at the back of Southdene Community Centre on Broad Lane.
- stand-alone multi-sports courts next to Pingwood Road in Towerhill and Westhead Avenue in Northwood, and a basketball court in Webster Park;
- a skate park in Memorial Park.
Several grass football pitches are also located at various places in Kirkby: