Once a month an invited presenter gives a talk on an area of science, technology, engineering or mathematics to Kirkby SciBar
Kirkby SciBar is part of the North West branch of the British Science Association (BSA), meeting on the third Thursday of every month in Holy Angels Social Club, Sydney Powell Avenue, L32 0TP in Westvale. Kirkby SciBar is run by local volunteers.
Meetings run from 7pm to 9pm and all are welcome. The talks are accessible and suitable for older primary school children and all ages above.
Our next meet is:
- 19th September 2017 – Nano-Medicine, can small particles solve big Problems?
Our upcoming programme is:
- 17th October 2017 – How Do I Know My Robot Is Safe?
- 21st November 2017 – Controlling Invasive Species (Ecology)
- December – no meeting
- 16th January 2018 – Nuclear Energy
- 20th February 2018 – 100 000 Genomes Project and the Transformation of the NHS
- 20th March 2018 – Space…
- 17th April – to be confirmed
- 15th May – to be confirmed
- 19th June – Genomics in the Clinic: the Appliance of Science
You can contact Kirkby SciBar at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find out about science events from Science Live.
Past event have included:
- 15th August 2017 – The Case For and Against Fracking
- 15th July 2017 – The Mersey Gateway Project
- 20th June 2017 – Investigation of Poisoning: Drugs, Death and some Rock ‘n’ Roll
- 16th May 2017 – Quantum Entanglement
- 18th April 2017 – Reasoning Machines – Could a Machine ‘Think’?
- 21st March 2017 – Breath of Fresh Air
- 21st February 2017 – Using the Force: How do Cells Feel their Environment?
- 17th January 2017 – Hidden Science of the How the Mind Really Works
- 20th December 2016 – Drones
- 15th November 2016 – If it isn’t Dark, does it Matter?
- 18th October 2016 – Slicing Pizzas & Counting Pizzas
- 6th September 2016 – Challenger @ SciBar – Marine Science Special!
- 16th August 2016 – Regulating Ageing and the Quest for Immortality
- 19th July 2016 – How does United Utilities Treat Your Sewage?
- 19th April 2016 – Zika Virus: Separating Fact from Fiction – read the LSTM news article
- 15th February 2016 – The causes of extreme weather in the UK and Europe
- 19th July 2016 – Climate Change
- 8th December 2015 – Polar Opposites
- 17th November 2015 – Power Electronics – Enabling Sustainability
- 20th October 2015 – Make Mine a Half
- 7th July 2015 – Oceanography: from Microbes to Global Climate